Instagram is one of the most popular photos and video sharing applications in the world. This application is officially available on the Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS) and can be downloaded for free.
Instagram is also available in a web version, but only functions as a viewer.
If you want to be able to upload photos or videos to Instagram via PC, then you’ll also have to do some tricks on the browser you are using or using a third-party application. You can also use the Android simulator that is supported by the computer you have.
Well, below Weblogue will discuss How To Post On Instagram From Computer.
6 Ways to Post Pictures on Instagram from Your Computer
How To Post On Instagram From PC With Chrome
If you use the Chrome browser on your PC, then you can easily upload photos to Instagram without needing to install any application. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open Chrome> go to Instagram.com and log into your account.
- Right-click on the screen anywhere> then select Inspect in the dropdown box that appears.
- Once the Inspect tool opens, click on the tablet and phone icon in the upper left corner of the Inspect window.
- Then the desktop Instagram page will be refreshed with a mobile display.
- If the + icon appears, you can upload photos to Instagram and post them directly. If the + icon still doesn’t appear, refresh the page again.
When finished, click the tablet or phone icon again, then close the Inspect tool. Refresh the page again to return to the desktop version.
How to post to Instagram from any computer on Safari
If you are a Mac user, then you can also upload photos to Instagram via the Safari browser. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open your Safari browser then go to Safari> Preferences> Advanced.
- Select the Show Develop menu in the menu bar at the bottom of the tab.
- Open Safari in a new tab or window and click Develop> User Agent> Safari – iOS 12.1.3 – iPhone in the menu bar.
- Next, go to Instagram.com and log into your account. Then click the + icon at the bottom of the display to start uploading photos to Instagram and posting them.
After the photo has been uploaded, you can still apply filters and edit the photo as you do in the Instagram app. When done, make sure to change your user agent back to the default settings to avoid seeing all websites in their mobile view.
How to Post on Instagram from Your Desktop (PC or Mac) With BlueStacks App Player
BlueStacks App Player is an Android emulator application that can be run on Windows and Mac computers. This application allows you to be able to run various Android applications through a computer screen, including Instagram photo and video sharing applications for free.
In order to run properly and smoothly, we recommend installing BlueStacks App Player on a computer with at least 4 GB of RAM. Then how do you upload photos to Instagram from a computer via BlueStacks? Here are the steps.
- First of all of course you have to get the BlueStacks application and install it on your computer. You can download the BlueStacks application here.
- Install the BlueStacks application then wait a few moments for the application to start running for the first time. You can skip the tutorial using the cross at the top right, then select the language you want and tap the arrow button.
- After the application is ready to use, you must log in to your Google account as you normally do on smartphones. You can choose the settings options offered according to your needs.
- Then enter the Play Store and search for the Instagram application, then install it on your BlueStacks application.
- After successfully installed, you can immediately open the application. BlueStacks will automatically change to the appearance and shape of the smartphone.
- Log into your Instagram account as usual and start uploading photos by pressing the + icon at the bottom, then selecting Gallery.
- Click the Gallery drop-down menu at the top left> Other> Pick from Windows. Find the photo you want to upload, select it and click ‘Open’.
- After the photo you want to upload is found, you can use Instagram features such as cropping the image, adding filters and captions. If so, you can immediately share your photos with your followers.
Through Third-Party Applications
You can also upload photos to Instagram from a computer by using third-party applications. If you use this option, it means that you must be willing to enter Instagram through these applications. Here are some recommended applications for uploading Instagram photos via Windows and Mac.
Deskgram is a desktop application that you can use to play Instagram on Windows and Mac. This application has two versions, namely the free version and the paid version. The free version of Deskgram only offers Instagram viewer features, such as viewing images, adding comments, and liking images.
If you want to be able to upload an image or video and tag it, then you’ll need to use the Pro version which costs around $ 3 per month (the video upload feature is not available in the Windows version).
The Deskgram application is quite easy to use with a display that looks the same as the old mobile version of Instagram.
Flume is a Mac-only Instagram application that brings complete features. Just like Deskgram, Flume also offers a free version and a paid version. Of course, if you want to upload photos or videos to Instagram via Mac, then you have to use the Pro version.
Apart from having a nice interface, the Flume app also supports posting carousels of multiple images or photos, allows you to use filters (in the Pro version), manage your account activity, and manage your profile.
That’s How To Post On Instagram From Computer. There are still some Android simulators and third-party apps to run Instagram on PC, but the software discussed above is our recommendation.